- Built in 1929, Franklin Elementary is one of the oldest school buildings in USD 475.
- Recent additions and remodels include a secure office entrance, expanded office area, additional parking lot, and upgraded playground equipment.
- Blue Ribbon Award Recipient 2010.
- Numerous programs and incentives to motivate and reward students for their efforts.
- Small class sizes and highly qualified staff.
Franklin Elementary is one of several Title I buildings within USD 475. This means that we have a high percentage of students who receive free or reduced lunches. As a Title I building, we receive additional funding to provide resources, professional development, and supplies to ensure that our students experience success. Some examples of ways in which we have used Title I funding is to provide stability balls for alternative student seating, additional support staff, student resources to support English Language Arts and Mathematics, and to provide student school supplies.
Site Council consisted of eight members. This council met six times throughout the year and discussed the Annual Report, Accreditation System within KESA, ALICE, Parent Survey, Counselor Services, Building needs, and more.