February 1, 2020
Happy February! Hopefully you and your family are feeling lots of love this upcoming month. We have a busy month ahead of us:
• STEM/Chili/Bingo night on Thursday, Feb. 6th, 5:15- 6:45 pm
• Papa John’s PTO Fundraiser night, Feb. 13
• Valentine Parties, Feb. 14
• Music Program for K & 1, Feb. 20th
Franklin has a larger percentage of absenteeism than other elementary schools in our district. I have provided some advice in helping with getting children to school:
• Attendance is a parent responsibility. Let your child know that you think attending school daily is important. Show them you are interested in their school activities and tell them that you want them to do well.
• Good attendance habits start at an early age. Make sure your child goes to school regularly and on time. This helps them develop a positive view of school and the importance of attendance.
• Become involved in your child’s school life and school activities.
• Take an interest in your child’s school life and school activities.
• Read the school newsletter. Post the school calendar and notes on the refrigerator, or other prominent location in order to highlight school activities and important student information.
• Do not provide inappropriate excuses for your child to miss school. Do not let them take time off from school for minor ailments – particularly those which would not prevent you from going to work.
• Don’t expect or let older children stay home from school to babysit younger siblings.
• Set good examples and enforce rules. Speak well of the school and support school staff.
• Make a contract with your child to improve his/her attendance. Reward positive improvements.
I hope we can finish the year strong with student attendance as it can have a positive reflection on state assessments. We love having your children with us and want to provide them every opportunity to be successful in whatever they want to do by way of a career after graduation. You are the most important person in your child’s life.
Parent/Teacher conferences have been set for March after spring break. More information will be coming with dates and times. We hope to have 100% participation as every student wants to make their parent/guardian proud.
Student Council News
Student council will be selling candy grams the week of Valentine’s Day. Your child will be able to purchase for $.50 a candy gram for their friends at school. Candy grams, delivered the day after purchase, include a personal message from the sender and a Dum-dums lollipop.
February 7: Pajama Day
February 14: Wear Valentine’s Day Colors
February 21: Dress like a Hero
February 28: Dress like a Frog
The last music program of the year will be on Thursday, February 20 at 6:00pm. Come see the Kindergarten and 1st grade in outer space!!!!
Every year Franklin Elementary selects five fifth grade students to perform in the NCKMEA Honor Choir. This year the selected students are:
They have been working hard outside of music class practicing the songs. I know they will do an amazing job and will represent Franklin Elementary extremely well. If you wish to see them perform, the concert will be at 12:00pm on February 1 at Junction City Middle School.